Tuesday, November 12, 2002

I remember when I was sick



I remember I was sick once. I woke up and didn't feel good. My mother and father both worked. She called in sick to work and stayed with me. I started feeling better towards the end of the day.

Saturday we picked up a puppy. Mark has wanted a whippet for a long time. There was a hobby breeder not too far away and we picked one up.

The first few days were exciting and nervous. I'll write about them soon.

Yesterday we took her to the Vet. This morning she got sick. As in she threw up in the kennel where she sleeps. Mark and I felt horrible. Absolutely horrible. So not good. He held her and tried to keep her small shivering body warm as I cleaned up the kennel so that she could sleep.

She went to the bathroom once this morning alright. But since then, It's taken a lot of coaxing to even get her to drink some water. Understandably, she hasn't eaten yet. I'm a little worried since it's already 11:30. But hopefully she'll feel better soon.

I'm kind of trying to stay on schedule with her kennel action. But part of me wants to say fuck the kennel training schedule right now. She had, at the very least, an upset stomach.

I think I should call in a consult with Mark's brother. See what he says about it.

Though, as I was washing out the towels that we cleaned up the vomit with, I couldn't help but notice the grass bits and such that were in there. I'm hoping that it wasn't something I allowed her to eat on her last walk that got her sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home